OnlineMSWPrograms.com has made it easy for students to find CSWE accredited online masters of social work degrees by delivery method (online versus hybrid), by program length (full-time versus part-time), and by those offering advanced standing programs. We have created pages dedicated to specific types of online social work degree programs and have included a comprehensive list of CSWE accredited schools on each page. All schools are listed alphabetically so that it is easy to browse programs by name.
Online master’s degrees in social work are classified as those that either do not require any campus visits or only require a limited number of campus visits during the program. On OnlineMSWPrograms.com, we classify any program that requires two or fewer campus visits per year as an online program. Programs that have a campus requirement are clearly noted on the site.
Currently, we have organized schools offering accredited online social work degrees into the following categories:
- Complete List of Online Masters of Social Work Programs: Currently there are 40+ schools that offer Master of Social Work degrees online for students who have not earned a Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) from an accredited undergraduate program. This page includes schools that offer both full-time (14) and part-time (31) programs.
- Online Advanced Standing MSW Programs: Currently there are 24 schools that offer social work online degree programs designed for students who have already earned a BSW from a CSWE accredited undergraduate program. This page includes schools that offer full-time (10) and part-time (20) programs.
- Full-Time Online MSW Programs (Traditional Students): Currently there are 14 schools that offer full-time online MSW degree programs. This page does not contain programs designed for advanced standing applicants.
- Part-Time Online MSW Programs (Traditional Students): Currently there are 31 schools that offer part-time MSW degree programs online. This page does not contain programs designed for advanced standing applicants.
- Online Clinical Social Work Programs (Traditional and Advanced Standing Students): Currently there are 22 schools that offer online MSW programs with a clinical social work or mental health concentration. All 22 schools offer programs for traditional students, while 16 schools have programs designed for advanced standing students.
- Online MSW Programs with a Concentration in Military Social Work: Currently there are 2 schools that offer online MSW programs with a specific specialization or sub-concentration in military social work. Both schools offer programs full-length and advanced standing online MSW programs.
- Hybrid MSW Programs (Traditional and Advanced Standing Students): Currently there are 13 schools that offer hybrid MSW programs. 12 of the 13 schools offer programs for traditional students, while 8 offer programs for advanced standing applicants. This page includes schools that offer full-time and part-time programs.